top of page

Zero Downpayment Program*

Own your own home without saving for a down payment!

You don’t want to deal with landlords anymore, but you don’t have the money to buy your place.

We have a solution: a $0 saved down mortgage. This means almost anyone can own a home.

Our lenders will finance 95% of the purchase price, and you can borrow the remaining 5% as a loan for your down payment.

Buying a home can be tough, especially when saving up for a down payment. The"Zero Down Mortgage Program" in Canada can help make it easier by allowing you to buy a home without saving for a down payment first. Here's what you need to know:

What is the Zero Down Mortgage Program? it's not really "zero down". It is called the "flex down mortgage.*

You can buy a home without having to save for a down payment.

 

  • No Down Payment Needed: You can buy a home without having to save for a down payment.

  • Borrowed Down Payment**: You can use a loan, line of credit, or even a credit card for the down payment.

 

Key Features:

  • Use Borrowed Money: You can use borrowed money, like a loan or line of credit, to cover the down payment.

  • Mortgage Insurance**: Since you are not putting down 20%, you’ll need mortgage insurance from companies like CMHC, Genworth, or Canada Guaranty.

  • For Those with Good Credit and Income**: This program is for people with a stable income and good credit but who don’t have enough savings for a down payment. 

 

Who Can Qualify?

  • Good Credit Score**: You need a credit score of at least 650.

  • Steady Income**: You must show that you have a stable income and can handle monthly payments.

  • Debt Limits**: Your total debt should not be too high. Your Gross Debt Service (GDS) ratio should be below 39%, and your Total Debt Service (TDS) ratio should be below 44%.

 

Benefits

  • Buy a Home Sooner**: You can buy a home now instead of waiting to save for a down payment

  • Use Your Credit**: If you have good credit, you can use it to help buy a home.

  • Start Building Equity**: Owning a home lets you start building equity and benefit from any increase in property value.

 

Things to Think About

  • Interest Costs**: Remember, you'll pay interest on the borrowed money, which adds to your costs

  • Higher Monthly Payments**: Your monthly payments will be higher because you’re paying back the loan or credit line along with your mortgage.

  • Financial Management**: You’ll need to manage your money well to handle these payments without getting into financial trouble.

 

How to Apply

  1. Check Your Finances**: Make sure you can afford the monthly payments and the costs of borrowing.

  2. Get Pre-Approved**: Get pre-approved for a mortgage to know how much you can borrow.

  3. Secure Borrowed Funds**: Arrange for a loan or line of credit to cover the down payment.

  4. We Submit Your Application**: Completed mortgage application with all the necessary documents, including proof of income and details about the borrowed money.

 

Conclusion

The Zero Down Mortgage Program is a great option if you want to buy a home but don’t have enough savings for a down payment. By understanding how it works and what you need to qualify, you can decide if this program is right for you. Talk to financial advisors and lenders to learn more and take the first steps toward owning your home. With careful planning, the Zero Down Mortgage Program can help make your dream of homeownership come true.

bottom of page